Curriculum Evening for Parents
Junior parents hear how the the pupil tracking system works in School
‘Curriculum, Assessment, Data, Progress, Reporting and Tracking’ was the title of the Curriculum Evening for the Junior Department parents.
The scale of the presentation topic was enormous, however, during the course of the evening, the parents learned about:
- what the teachers teach and the pupils learn
- how we know that the learning has taken place
- how the learning is transferred to numerical data
- how we measure the difference in learning since last time
- how this learning is shared with parents and pupils
- how we ensure that learning is secured at the expected rate from 3 - 18
As a result of their evening the parents were prepared to understand the school’s new assessment and tracking system, ready to receive their first ‘Pupil Progress and Attitude Tracker’ (PPAT) later this term.
The PowerPoint presentation from the evening is attached below.