Biology A Level provides a comprehensive understanding of biology and how it impacts the word around us. Each topic begins with an overview, which puts the topic into a broader biological context and encourages understanding of the role of each topic in developing your wider understanding of Biology.
The detail of each topic is then covered, providing you with an in-depth understanding.
Our science subjects are taught in our purpose built science labs, which provide the latest equipment and facilities for the study of science.
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
Some students who study Biology at A Level are keen to pursue a specific career such as pharmacy, dentistry, medicine, or an area of biomedicine such as physiotherapy or radiography. For others, it may act as an excellent foundation for proceeding onto one of many related courses in higher education such as microbiology, genetics, food science, biotechnology, biochemistry, psychology, the environmental sciences and more.