Business Studies A-level is a broad subject, which makes it a great choice for anyone interested in the world of commerce and entrepreneurship. It is a fantastic way to prepare for university courses in the fields of business and management and to equip yourself with the know-how to start up your own business. Business Studies A Level also prepares you to follow a career in finance, accounting, marketing or management, alongside a wide range of other careers, not so closely linked with the subject.
Studying Business also provides opportunities to develop transferable skills, including decision making, analysis and evaluation.
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance, operational performance, financial performance and human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing a strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
A-level Business Studies opens up many options for students at university, and there are many courses available with combinations of Business/Management/Administration/ Accounting and Finance.
Business and Management graduates typically progress to careers in areas such as business development, marketing, recruitment and banking, although plenty of other options are available. Of course, some Business Studies students go on to start up their own businesses!