To be studied alongside A Level Mathematics
The further mathematics course provides you with a broad mathematical base, enabling you to extend your mathematical skills to additional areas of mathematics not covered by A2 Mathematics. Enjoyment of mathematics is a crucial factor in the decision to choose this subject.
All students must study this content.
- OT1: Mathematical argument, language and proof
- OT2: Mathematical problem solving
- OT3: Mathematical modelling
Students must study two of these options.
- Optional application 1 – mechanics
- Optional application 2 – statistics
- Optional application 3 – discrete
The further mathematics course provides the additional mathematical content which is desirable (and in some cases necessary) for students wishing to study mathematics, physics or engineering at university.