IGCSE Edexcel 4MA1
Why Study Mathematics?
Mathematics is a qualification that is required by most employers and is often required for entry to further or higher education. Mathematics requires numerical competence and analytical skills which can be used in everyday life.
You Will Study:
- Number and the Number System
- Equations, Formulae and Identities
- Sequences, Functions and Graphs
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Vectors and Transformation Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
You will learn the following skills:
- Logical Thinking
- Problem-Solving Techniques
- How to work independently
There is a choice between two tiers of entry: Higher and Foundation. The grades range from 9 to 4 in the Higher Tier and it is anticipated that most students will enter the Higher Tier.
Assessment is by examination. At the end of the course there will be two written papers, each lasting for 2-hours. Each paper is worth 50% of the marks.