Trips and Visits
Every Cornerstones Curriculum Imaginative Learning Project starts with a ‘memorable experience’ in the engage phase of learning. The memorable experience may involve a special activity in School or a trip, so that girls have some first-hand experience from which to build their learning.
Trips have included:
- Year 1 – Twycross Zoo, Attenborough Arboretum (University of Leicester)
- Year 2 – Warwick Castle, fieldwork in Oadby
- Year 3 – Stone Age experience at Outback2Basics, fieldwork along the River Sence
- Year 4 – Sealife Centre, Climbing Wall (Parklands Leisure Centre)
- Year 5 – Victorian School Day at Sudbury Hall, Rollercoaster workshop at Gulliver’s Land
In Year 3, girls have the opportunity to join in a School Sleepover, so that they can experience staying away from home in a familiar setting.
In Years 4 and 5, girls participate in a residential trip which aims to develop their independence and teamwork skills.
Alongside the trips and visits, we also offer a range of extra - curricular clubs and activities.